Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Holy Trinity.
The students and staff appreciate the time and love given by our volunteers!
VIRTUS TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
1) All volunteers (including parents, grandparents, etc.) at Holy Trinity Catholic School are required to take VIRTUS training, sometimes referred to as "Protecting God's Children." This three-hour course will familiarize you with many of the regulations put into place for the protection and safety of the children. An on-line registration is required to sign up for this course at www.virtusonline.org. All this is at no cost to you, it is provided by the Diocese of Charleston. (Some dates have limited spaces available so don't wait if you need to take this class.)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING FOR VIRTUS CLASSES ON-LINE:1) Go to www.virtusonline.org
2) Select "Registration" link on LEFT hand side of web page
3) Select "Begin Registration Process"
4) Select Diocese of Charleston, SC.
5) Click "Start Registration"
6) Create User ID and Password.
7) Enter all information requested. (Name, Address, Phone)
8) Primary Location (NOT FOR WHERE CLASS IS), for where you either work, volunteer or worship? (Usually you'll pick "Our Lady Star of the Sea")
9) Answer additional questions as related to you.
10) You will be asked to pick the 'location' of your class. Make sure it's the proper one before you click next.
11) You will receive an e-mail from them confirming your registration for your VIRTUS Class.
2) Once you have completed VIRTUS training, you will be issued a certificate of completion which you need to bring in a copy of this certificate to Ms. Mary Collins (at Holy Trinity Catholic School's front office) to be kept on file.
3) BEFORE coming into the school office, please see the forms below that need to be printed out (you only need to print out the signature pages) , signed, dated and brought to the school office, along with your VIRTUS training Certificate. These forms, along with a completed background check, are the basic requirements of being an 'Approved' volunteer by the Diocese. Forms attached that are needed for 'Volunteering' are:
(Click on each form below, print the form, then hit the Back button on your browser to return to this page.)
Background Data Form
Sex Abuse Policy Updated
Volunteer's Code of Conduct
Diocesan Policy Regarding Confidentiality and Abiding by Catholic Principles
If you have any questions, regarding this VIRTUS training, please contact Ms. Mary Collins at Holy Trinity Catholic School 843-390-4108, Option #4.
Please remember though, you MUST go on-line to sign up for these VIRTUS training courses, they are given by the Diocese, not the school; therefore, you must sign up on-line in order to register for a class. Thank you!